“There will always be a frontier where there is an open mind… and a willing hand.”
Charles F. Kettering
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Southwest Seattle Historical Society!
New Volunteer Form
Volunteer Hours Tracking
New: We are putting together project teams for upcoming events in 2017. Please let us know if you want to help with our “If These Walls Could Talk” home tour, Afternoon Tea or Champagne Brunch Gala!
We are taking sign ups to help at the Admiral Theater Grand Reopening on Wednesday, March 22.
Our Spring work party will be Saturday, April 22 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Collections Intern
- Exhibit/ Research Intern
- Programs Intern
- Museum docent: Come greet visitors to our museum! Our open hours are noon-4 p.m. Thursday-Sunday. Docents typically volunteer for a two-hour shift at least once a month. We have a particular need for weekend docents.
- Event support: We host a variety of events and activities throughout the year, and we need volunteers to help plan, promote and staff our events to make sure they run smoothly.
- Operations assistance: We have a variety of office work with which we need assistance, including filing, data entry and scanning.
- Videography: We film most of our events and speakers, and we’d love to have help with both filming and editing.
- Native Plants garden: Join our garden crew! Help us to continue restoring the Log House Museum’s native plant garden.
To learn more about specific opportunities, call us at 206-938-5293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.