“There will always be a frontier where there is an open mind… and a willing hand.”
Charles F. Kettering
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Southwest Seattle Historical Society!
New Volunteer Form
Volunteer Hours Tracking
Sign up for summer festivals and We Love the Junction.
- Collections Intern
- Exhibit/ Research Intern
- Programs Intern
- Museum docent: Come greet visitors to our museum! Our open hours are noon-4 p.m. Thursday-Sunday. Docents typically volunteer for a two-hour shift at least once a month. We have a particular need for Sunday docents.
- Event support: We host a variety of events and activities throughout the year, and we need volunteers to help plan, promote and staff our events to make sure they run smoothly.
- Operations assistance: We have a variety of office work with which we need assistance, including filing, data entry and scanning.
- Videography: We film most of our events and speakers, and we’d love to have help with both filming and editing.
- Transcribing: We have CDs of interviews that need to be transcribed to form the basis of our next exhibit, “Telling Our Westside Stories: Home” which will open later in 2016
- Native Plants garden: Join our garden crew! Help us to continue restoring the Log House Museum’s native plant garden.
To learn more about specific opportunities, call us at 206-938-5293 or email email@example.com.