“There will always be a frontier where there is an open mind… and a willing hand.”
Charles F. Kettering
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Southwest Seattle Historical Society!
New Volunteer Form
Volunteer Hours Tracking
New: We are taking sign-ups for our Gala event team, our Harvest Festival table and Cookies & Cider on the Porch.
- Collections Intern
- Exhibit/ Research Intern
- Programs Intern
- Museum docent: Come greet visitors to our museum! Our open hours are noon-4 p.m. Thursday-Sunday. Docents typically volunteer for a two-hour shift at least once a month. We have a particular need for weekend docents.
- Event support: We host a variety of events and activities throughout the year, and we need volunteers to help plan, promote and staff our events to make sure they run smoothly.
- Operations assistance: We have a variety of office work with which we need assistance, including filing, data entry and scanning.
- Videography: We film most of our events and speakers, and we’d love to have help with both filming and editing.
- Transcribing: We have CDs of interviews that need to be transcribed to form the basis of our next exhibit, “Telling Our Westside Stories: Home” which will open later in 2016
- Native Plants garden: Join our garden crew! Help us to continue restoring the Log House Museum’s native plant garden.
To learn more about specific opportunities, call us at 206-938-5293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.