Your gift will help us maintain a secure future for the Southwest Seattle Historical Society and our “Birthplace of Seattle” Log House Museum. Since opening in 1997, the museum has welcomed thousands of visitors through the front doors and into history. The Southwest Seattle Historical Society relies on donations of all kinds – time spent with us as a volunteer, Duwamish Peninsula historical artifacts, photos and documents, and monetary contributions. Contributions enable this museum to offer educational programs for all ages and abilities, develop quality exhibitions, and care for the stories to which we have been entrusted. Your gift is important to the future, and your support is deeply appreciated.
Local businesses are being given the opportunity to support the Southwest Seattle Historical Society and our “Birthplace of Seattle” Log House Museum by becoming an annual Business Sponsor. By being a Business Sponsor, you will help provide essential sustaining funds for the organization. The museum offers hundreds of school children heritage education opportunities; preserves the remembrances of early West Side community members through professional oral history and Memory Book projects; provides a historically relevant speaker program; and serves as a welcoming base to area visitors and to local community members who have long needed a home to share and preserve their heritage and historical identities. The museum is a place to display local pride in community heritage, and it needs community support to continue providing programs and to keep its doors open.
The Founders Circle is a granite and marble art piece recognizing individuals, businesses, and agencies that comprise the Southwest Seattle Historical Society’s major donors to our museum restoration in 1996-1997.
- Personalized sponsorship plaque to display in your place of business
- Public recognition, with other Business Members, in the Museum’s gallery
- Subscription to the Southwest Seattle Historical Society’s quarterly newsletter, Footprints
- Standing mention in the Footprints newsletter
- Invitation to special Museum events for business owner/CEO
- 10%discount in the Museum gift shop for business owner/CEO
- Satisfaction of providing vital financial sponsorship to an invaluable community resource
Annual Sponsorship Levels
Please support the Log House Museum by mailing a check or credit card information using a printed version of the sponsorship form. If you would like more information about this sponsorship program or would like to schedule a tour of the Museum, please call 206-938-5293.
Business Sponsorships are tax-deductible within the limits allowed by law. The Log House Museum is a project of the Southwest Seattle Historical Society, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
A planned gift to a charitable organization like the Southwest Seattle Historical Society allows you to create a legacy for the Society while meeting your own financial and personal objectives. The SWSHS Legacy Fund offers three options:
- Southwest Seattle Historical Society Legacy Program – A fund that provides support where it’s needed most.
- Collections Fund – A fund used to support the maintenance and development of Society archives and includes increased public access.
- Program Fund – A fund that permits the maintenance and expansion of education, outreach and exhibit programs
Naming opportunities can be made outright in honor or memory of loved ones and will be memorialized on engraved plaques.
For further information, please contact the Southwest Seattle Historical Society at (206) 938-5293 or email@example.com.