Southwest Seattle Historical Society - Log House Museum
Welcome to the “Birthplace of Seattle” Log House Museum of the Southwest Seattle Historical Society! Discover this gem one block from Alki Beach in a restored 1904 log building surrounded by a native plant garden.
Our storefront and home, the Log House Museum is a place to discover and celebrate the history of the Duwamish peninsula and the Birthplace of Seattle.
Open noon to 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Open other days and times by appointment only. Fully handicapped-accessible.
To allow for the transition to a new exhibit, our museum will be closed during the four-day Thanksgiving weekend of Thursday, Nov. 26, through Sunday, Nov. 29, and will reopen on our regular schedule on Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015. Also, looking ahead to closures in observance of the December holidays, our museum will be closed Thursday-Saturday, Dec. 24-27, 2015, open on New Year’s Eve, Thursday, Dec. 31, and closed Friday, Jan. 1 (resuming regular schedule on Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 2-3, 2016).
Our mission: to promote local heritage through education, preservation and advocacy!
Our latest press coverage:
- West Seattle Blog 11/9/2014
- West Seattle Herald 11/8/2014
- West Seattle Blog 9/25/2014
- West Seattle Blog 8/28/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/12/2014 (late)
- West Seattle Blog 6/12/2014 (early)
- West Seattle Blog 6/11/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/10/2014
- Seattle Times 6/7/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/6/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/6/2014