Southwest Seattle Historical Society - Log House Museum
Enjoy this one-minute video in which West Seattle native Dan Raley invites you to his FREE talk on Friday, March 4, 2016, focusing on his book, “How Seattle Became a Big-League Sports Town,” part of our monthly "Words, Writers & West Seattle" series at Barnes & Noble Westwood Village. More info: Click here.
Welcome to the "Birthplace of Seattle" Log House Museum of the Southwest Seattle Historical Society! Discover this gem one block from Alki Beach in a restored 1904 log building surrounded by a native plant garden.
Our storefront and home, the Log House Museum is a place to discover and celebrate the history of the Duwamish peninsula and the Birthplace of Seattle.
Open noon to 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Open other days and times by appointment only. Fully handicapped-accessible.
Our mission: to promote local heritage through education, preservation and advocacy!
Prominent press coverage:
- West Seattle Blog 11/9/2014
- West Seattle Herald 11/8/2014
- West Seattle Blog 9/25/2014
- West Seattle Blog 8/28/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/12/2014 (late)
- West Seattle Blog 6/12/2014 (early)
- West Seattle Blog 6/11/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/10/2014
- Seattle Times 6/7/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/6/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/6/2014