Southwest Seattle Historical Society - Log House Museum
Welcome to the “Birthplace of Seattle” Log House Museum of the Southwest Seattle Historical Society! Discover this gem one block from Alki Beach in a restored 1904 log building surrounded by a native plant garden.
Our storefront and home, the Log House Museum is a place to discover and celebrate the history of the Duwamish peninsula and the Birthplace of Seattle.
Open noon to 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Open other days and times by appointment only. Fully handicapped-accessible.
Our mission: to promote local heritage through education, preservation and advocacy!
Our latest press coverage:
- West Seattle Blog 9/25/2014
- West Seattle Blog 8/28/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/12/2014 (late)
- West Seattle Blog 6/12/2014 (early)
- West Seattle Blog 6/11/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/10/2014
- Seattle Times 6/7/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/6/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/6/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/4/2014
- West Seattle Herald video 6/3/2014
- West Seattle Blog 6/3/2014
- West Seattle Herald 6/3/2014